- All patients are required to place a credit card on file to schedule an appointment with Denali Dental Care & Facial Aesthetics. Your card is not charged upon booking but will be charged in the event of a no-show or last-minute cancellation. Your credit card information is stored securely in our payment platform which follows all required appropriate security compliance standards. DDC & Facial aesthetics team members do not have access to your full credit card information and cannot charge your card for anything other than treatment related charges.
- We do not allow children in our treatment rooms.
- We allot time to numb for some dermal filler injections and PDO thread treatments. If you require additional numbing or would like to numb for a botulinum toxin treatment, we ask that you alert our administrative staff upon scheduling your appointment so we can accurately schedule this.
- please note that this may require an appointment deposit.
- We cannot honor two in-house promotions at the same time.
- Please arrive to your SkinPen, PRP, Dermal Filler, or PDO Threading appointment without makeup. You are welcome to cleanse your skin when you arrive at the office with our products; we ask that you please arrive 15 minutes early to do so.
- Some treatments are not permitted on those who are pregnant or breastfeeding. For more information on what facial treatments can be provided during pregnancy, we recommend booking a consultation with a provider to see what treatment is right for you
- For botulinum toxin and filler appointments, be sure to head to our savings page and sign up for free rewards programs so you can earn points to receive discounts and money off at your appointment!
CONTRAINDICATIONS TO INJECTIONS
Before undergoing a dermal filler and/or PDO thread procedure, please make sure of the following:
- It's at least 4 weeks before and/or 4 weeks after any dental procedures and/or cleanings
- It's at least 4 weeks after antibiotics/cold/flu symptoms
- It’s at least 4 weeks before and/or 4 weeks after vaccinations
- It's at least 2 weeks before big events or travel
- It's at least 2 weeks after a cold sore eruption and the cold sore is healed before undergoing lip filler injections. Please call the office to have your NP prescribe an anti-viral at least 2 days before your upcoming appointment
- There are no active skin infections in the area we are planning to do treatment
- There are no new medications or changes in your medical history that would alter our treatment plan
- If in doubt, please contact your provider or the front desk staff for additional support.
- We do not perform injectable treatments on patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
PREPARING FOR YOUR INJECTABLE TREATMENT
Please note that there is a chance of bruising and/or swelling with any injectable. If you are concerned about this, we recommend waiting to receive injections two weeks before any events.
- For 3-5 days avoid any blood thinning agents, including but not limited to: aspirin, NSAIDS (such as ibuprofen, naproxen), St. John’s Wort, Vitamin E, Multivitamins, Krill Oil, Fish Oils, Flaxseed Oils, Omega-3, Gingko, Ginseng, Garlic and Glucosamine.
- No alcohol consumption 2-3 days prior to your appointment.
- Start taking Arnica (an herb that can slow blood clotting time) tablets 3-5 days prior to your appointment - we have these tablets in the office to purchase! Take 5 tabs three times per day for the best effectiveness
- Arnica tabs can be purchased on Amazon, found at most drug stores or we sell them at the spa for $5
- Eating foods that contain bromelain (a protein-digesting enzyme that slows blood clotting time), such as pineapple, 2-5 days prior to your appointment
- Apply Arnica gel to the areas that were treated for 3-5 days after your appointment. In addition, quick dissolving arnica tablets may also be useful to reduce inflammation and bruising.
- Use cold packs (we provide you one in the office prior to leaving) for twenty minutes on and off throughout the day of treatment; this also helps with swelling
- Avoid using any of the blood-thinning medications or supplements listed above for a few days post-procedure to reduce bruising.
- Avoid alcohol consumption 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid heavy pressure on the area of filler for the first 24 hours such as sleeping directly on the area or massage
- Wait 24-48 hours to apply any make-up post-procedure to avoid possibility of infection.